NILD Telepractice Workshop (online)
The pre-recorded NILD Telepractice Workshop will demonstrate how the NILD Level I (or higher) Educational Therapist can deliver educational therapy services through a reliable and interactive online platform (Zoom). Maintaining the standards and procedures of each educational therapy session is crucial, so this training will focus on specific guidelines for how the integrity of NILD techniques can be maintained in a virtual setting. Therapists will see a demonstration of techniques to learn how to deliver sessions with the same accuracy as face-to-face. The entire training takes place online using the Zoom video-conferencing platform, allowing therapists to experience firsthand this user-friendly and interactive format.
This workshop is designed to instruct participants how to effectively provide NILD Teletherapy with the same accuracy as face-to-face and how to use this NILD/Zoom teletherapy platform. An NILD Teletherapist License is required to actually use the teletherapy platform. This license is not included with the workshop but requires an additional purchase. Click below for more information about licensure.
Families may prefer teletherapy when:
- They have difficulty finding a trained ET in their area
- The student is home-bound
- They live in a remote location
- They live out-of-country
Advantages to therapist:
- Reduced commute times
- Increased reach
- Continue working with a student whose family moves
- Increased availability time
- Can be used to meet with teachers/administrators during an IEP meeting
- Can be used to review Individualized Therapy Plans with Parents (a PPT with a summary of the Psycho-Educational Evaluation is very effective)
- User-friendly with intuitive menu options and simple controls
- Ample training and support available through our online platform’s (Zoom) website
The workshop is pre-recorded and is available anytime.
NILD Teletherapy enables educational therapists to reach students who are homebound, geographically remote or otherwise unable to engage in face-to-face therapy. NILD Telepractice enables educational therapists to expand their practices and add flexible scheduling to a busy workday. Zoom is a fantastic online platform for connecting with parents, teachers, and other colleagues as you seek to meet the needs of your therapy students. It is also HIPAA compliant via our licensing procedures and it the only platform approved to conduct NILD Educational Therapy.
Pre-Recorded Training – Available Anytime – Click Here to Register
- Successful completion of NILD Level I course.
- Note that upon successful completion of this workshop, participants become eligible to purchase an NILD Teletherapist License which is required in order to use the Zoom/NILD teletherapy platform and conduct NILD Educational Therapy digitally. Click above to download licensure information.
There are no preparatory assignments.
Digital training only