Math Intervention, Educational Therapy, and Learning Lab Teaching Positions
Grace Community School strives to partner with parents and students to support their learning needs. Our teachers and curriculum are rigorous and thorough. Each classroom emphasizes differentiated instruction to meet learning needs. However, some students benefit from services beyond the classroom.
Educational Therapy is a pull-out program for students with a diagnosed learning difference. This person will work with students struggling with learning challenges and partner with our dynamic intervention team. We offer comprehensive training in specific programs that address academic needs in the areas of language processing, visual/auditory processing, math processing, attention, memory, and cognitive integration for the remediation of learning challenges. All of our protocols are evidence-based, multi-sensory, fully integrated, explicit, systematic, intensive, and administered in a one-on-one or small group setting for a personalized approach that maximizes growth and development of the essential skills necessary for our students to become competent, independent learners. We teach thinking so every child can learn and be a successful student at our amazing Christian school!
Learning Lab offers the next step through academic support services without lowering the academic excellence provided at GCS. Our program provides support through monitoring progress, academic coaching, learning strategies, and teaching of skills.
The Learning Lab provides instructional intervention that supports level one and level two interventions. The goal of Learning Lab is to provide guided homework and study time, introduce students to study skills, time management and other skills required of a successful learner, as well as academic coaching. Emphasis focuses on the curriculum areas of reading, writing, mathematics, science, and bible to support student success and academic achievement.
Learning Lab Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential For Students:
The Learning Lab Teacher will:
· Establish and maintain a safe, functional learning environment.
· Assist students, individually, or in groups, with lesson assignments.
· Tutors and supervises students working towards completion of classroom assignments/projects.
· Motivates reluctant learners to complete assignments and strive for academic success.
· Identify students’ needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in data assessment, intervention strategies, and accommodation needs.
· For students on Academic Achievement and Grace Plans, assess and progress monitor Learning Lab student’s academic growth and academic progress in collaboration with Director of Academic Support, principals and teachers, parents, and other staff.
Therapy and Intervention Teacher Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential For Students:
· Collaborate with students, parents and other members of staff to develop academic goals for each assigned student.
· Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of the students assigned.
· Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to accommodate regular curricula.
· Participate in Grace Plan (accommodation plan) meetings.
· Conduct assessments to determine students’ instructional goals and activities.
· Demonstrates an understanding of literacy development of children with dyslexia
· Plans and uses adequate and appropriate instructional methods, including effective lesson design, providing intensive interventions as appropriate for dyslexic children
· Use a variety of instructional strategies to meet the needs of dyslexic students, including use of current technology and small-group and individual learning
· Collaborates with classroom teachers to integrate literacy instruction across the curriculum while maintaining an emphasis on language processing skill development
· Assesses the progress of students as according to the assessment calendar
· Provides progress reports as required to administrators, teachers, and parents
· Communicates instructional expectations to students and keeps them informed (i.e., provide timely and specific feedback) of their progress to improve learning.
· Administers literacy assessments and in-depth diagnostic and progress monitoring assessments
· Uses diagnostic, prescriptive multisensory instruction to meet the needs of all students
· Uses a variety of materials that are optimal for the achievement of the lesson objectives
· Utilizes effective questioning techniques to incorporate higher-level thinking
· Communicates the lesson objective to all students and references the objective throughout the lesson
All Academic Staff School and Staff Responsibilities:
· Provide intervention instruction through study strategies and additional instruction with teacher-provided resources.
· Work in conjunction with principal and teachers to enhance student achievement.
· Communicate about level two and Grace Plan students with Director of Academic Support, teachers, parents of students who are served
· Guide the work in Learning Lab
· Attend grade-level meetings, staff meetings, and/or parent meetings
· Collaborate with staff members regarding effective instruction and intervention
· Proctor as needed
· Teaching License
· Experience working in special education or learning support
· Effective communication, planning, organization, presentation, and leadership skills, able to work with and motivate others
· Understands the purpose of interventions, accommodations and modifications
· Models direct, explicit, systematic instruction including effective teaching techniques and strategies
· Enhances own professional knowledge, skills and expertise about effective instruction and school improvement
· Exhibits professional relationships with teachers, administration, parents, and students
· Strong commitment to student achievement and improvement
· Knowledge of reading instructional strategies
· Knowledge of dyslexia and dyscalculia
· Knowledge of accommodations, 504 process and academic plan goal-setting process and implementation
· General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Contact Sarah Hecht at email@example.com if interested