NILD Educational Therapy Level II Course
Level II provides a review of introductory NILD Educational Therapy® techniques and introduces a series of techniques for advanced students to include mediated learning and questioning skills.
- Consists of four weeks of online work followed by one week of classroom instruction (residency). Note that the online portion of the course is hosted by NILD, with graduate credit options at Regent University and Southeastern University (SEU). Both universities also offer Master’s Degree Programs in NILD Educational Therapy which do require a separate enrollment process (click the link for more information).
- Through NILD’s range of courses and workshops, you can obtain continuing education credits as you seek to meet the needs of your students. Additionally, NILD Level I, II, and III courses can put you on track for becoming a Professionally Certified NILD Educational Therapist (PCET)! Click here for steps to certification.
- Click on the above links to access the course syllabus. If your course is hosted by SEU then use the SEU version of the syllabus. Please read the syllabus carefully as there are required textbooks and materials that must be purchased through NILD and others that are only available from third parties.
- Daily schedule for residency (classroom instruction) week for all NILD Level II courses held in the United States is 8am – 5pm Monday through Thursday and 8am – 12pm on Friday except the Regent Graduate Credit course. Please note that the online and residency components for each course location can not be separated and matched with online or residency components of other locations.
This course will build upon prior knowledge and equip the educational therapist to more effectively implement NILD techniques. Specifically, upon successful completion of this course, the educational therapist will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to question students effectively
2. Demonstrate a beginning understanding of mediated learning
3. Interpret test results with emphasis upon prescribing an appropriate individualized program
4. Demonstrate proficiency in Level I techniques and a working knowledge of Level II techniques
5. Develop skills of pacing, transitions and bridging
6. Continue to improve understanding of cognitive functions
- Successful completion of Level I within the last three (3) years
- Successful completion of the Woodcock-Johnson IV training
- Minimum one year experience with one student – minimum 100 contact hours
- Completion of all job-embedded coaching sessions
- Record a 30-40 minute session with an actual NILD student demonstrating their implementation of only the five core techniques
- Submit this video to your current mentor/level I instructor/coach for review
- Submit a completed (and signed by NILD-approved Mentor) NILD Core Technique Checklist
- Proof of attendance to at least one (1) NILD regional conference in the last year
- Proof of attendance to at least two (2) NILD or related field webinars
- Course textbooks and materials are required (see syllabus for more information)
- Pre-course assignments: None
GRAD CREDIT ONLY – Level II Regent: May 22 – June 23 https://nild.stellarwebsystems.com/join?euuid=0c041b57-a17a-11ed-9cac-16118fddfe69
GRAD CREDIT ONLY – Level II SEU: June 28 – August 4 https://nild.stellarwebsystems.com/join?euuid=4cfedc04-a17c-11ed-9cac-16118fddfe69
Level II Bellevue, WA: June 29 – August 4 https://nild.stellarwebsystems.com/join?euuid=bec6a70f-a2fe-11ed-9cac-16118fddfe69
Level II Meridian, ID: May 22 – June 23 https://nild.stellarwebsystems.com/join?euuid=04908d5c-a193-11ed-9cac-16118fddfe69
Level II Suffolk, VA: June 19 – July 21 https://nild.stellarwebsystems.com/join?euuid=4d0e70a1-a195-11ed-9cac-16118fddfe69
Level II Woodlands, TX: May 15 – June 16 https://nild.stellarwebsystems.com/join?euuid=0b813483-a194-11ed-9cac-16118fddfe69
Level II Central: May 8 – June 16 https://nild.stellarwebsystems.com/join?euuid=8b4dc083-a190-11ed-9cac-16118fddfe69
Level II Eastern: June 19 – July 26 https://nild.stellarwebsystems.com/join?euuid=142a92d0-a192-11ed-9cac-16118fddfe69
Do I need a college degree in education to enroll?
Yes, we require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. A degree in education helps, but it not required.
Can I get a degree in NILD therapy?
Yes, we partner with Regent University and Southeastern University to offer Master’s Degrees in Education with an NILD Educational Therapy cognate.
What if I don’t want a degree but I do want graduate credit?
Not a problem. Both universities allow our students to take the course for graduate credit only.
What if I want to take the course but not for graduate credit?
Not a problem. NILD has its own online platform to host the course.
How do courses work? What is the structure?
Our courses are structured as follows: four weeks of asynchronous, online work followed by one week of residency either in person or virtual (spread over two weeks or three weekends depending on season).
What do you mean by online platform?
The online portion of our courses is either conducted on NILD’s Blackbaud platform (non-graduate credit seekers), Regent’s Blackboard platform, or Southeastern’s MyFire platform. It’s just an online repository for the course work – lectures, quizzes, videos, discussion boards, and paper submissions.
Who gets paid in all of this?
Participants in NILD courses register and pay NILD first. IF participants are taking graduate credit or are part of Regent or Southeastern’s degree program, there are additional fees due to the university as well.
How much are NILD courses?
Tuition costs for 2021 are $2,550 plus materials. However, if you are taking the course for graduate credit or are part of a Master’s degree program, there is an additional $195 due to NILD.
How much do I have to pay the university?
Generally, graduate credit at either university is roughly $275; however, there are also technology and library fees that may be charged. These are determined by and paid directly to the university.
What happens after I have completed my Level I course?
If you complete the course successfully, you will be considered an Intern Educational Therapist and will engage in nine months of job-embedded coaching. There will be monthly coaching sessions at which your attendance is required. You will be permitted to work with students and will need to complete 100 student contact hours prior to moving on to Level II.
What happens after I have completed my Level II course?
If you complete the course successfully, you will be considered an Intern Educational Therapist. You will be permitted to work with students and will need to complete 100 student contact hours prior to moving on to Level III.
What happens after I complete my Level III course?
Once you successfully complete level III, you will be considered a full NILD Educational Therapist. You will be invited to certify as a Professionally Certified Educational Therapist (PCET). There are two letters of recommendation required and a $50 fee to attain this certification.
What do you mean by student contact hours?
You must spend at least 100 hours providing NILD therapy with students. You can attain this with one therapy student or with multiple.
Do I have to maintain licensure from year to year? What about my PCET certificate?
Yes. NILD is a professional training and licensing organization. To protect the efficacy of our techniques and ensure that all students worldwide are receiving a consistent and high-quality experience, all therapists MUST maintain a current license from year to year. This applies to Standard Licensure (for intern and full educational therapists) AND PCETs.
What if I let my license lapse or expire?
We are sorry but you are not permitted to practice NILD Educational Therapy or use NILD materials unless you have a current license.
What if I don’t have any students?
Call or email us. We’re certainly willing to assist where possible. You may also want to consider an Affiliate License which will permit you to operate in that gray space while you are trying to get more students.
Still have questions? Please contact us at 757-423-8646 or email@example.com.